Scandinavian & Germanic Mythology
- The destruction of the gods and the world in a final conflict with the powers of evil. Also called Götterdämmerung, Ragnarök.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only gods who could remember what happened in the twilight of the gods were Hera, Zeus, and Ares, and many of the gods had nothing against Xena.
- Instead of Heidegger providing us with harmless nostalgia about the mountains of the Black Forest, as you suggest, we have something more akin to a Wagnerian twilight of the gods.
- Certainly there is something atavistic about the Scandinavian cosmology, with its fatalistic cycle of war and twilight of the gods.
translating Icelandic ragna rökr (see Ragnarök).
Más definiciones de twilight of the godsDefinición de twilight of the gods en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.