- An empty plastic 2 litre bottle is tied to a rock, or bag of stones with strong twine or string.
- Her works often consist of accumulations of old-fashioned, everyday objects that have been meticulously wrapped in white twine or cotton thread.
- And all I had to use for a bowstring was some cotton twine.
- He twined his fingers round its rein, as it nuzzled his hands.
- For the fabrication of the ring in gold, the craftsman first converts gold into thin wires and then winds and twines them to form the patterns on a circular base.
- ‘I better get back,’ Basil said, twining the ribbon through his fingers.
- The strands are the sections of the hair that are twined together to form a braid.
- I didn't resist, both of us crushing the leaf until fragments fell and were scattered by the wind, her fingers twined in mine.
- Sometimes one yearns for the days when crime and showbiz were not as tightly twined as they are now.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Black-eyed Susan vine is a tender twiner with spring-frost yellow, orange or white blooms with a contrasting eye.
- Another Australian twiner, this one has very lovely large pink trumpet flowers with a darker centre.
- This small twiner will grow thicker and harder in due course and curl round the tree-stem.
tweed from mid 19th century:
Tweed was originally produced in Scotland, where it was called tweel, a Scots form of twill (Middle English), a word based on two and like twine (Old English) indicating two-ply yarn. Around 1830 a cloth merchant misread this as tweed, a mistake perpetuated by association with the River Tweed, part of which forms the border between England and Scotland. Tweed is traditionally worn by the English country gentry, and tweedy has been used since the early 20th century to suggest a robust, traditional kind of Englishness.
Palabras que riman con twinealign, assign, benign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.