Definición de type locality en inglés:
1 Botany & Zoology The place in which a type specimen was found.
- With this specimen, the geographic distribution extends beyond the type locality of D. maior in Vergano (Palencia).
- Although the material on which the species is based is very poor, additional material collected from nearby the type locality and in other areas in Patagonia allows positive identification of Ihering's taxa.
- To test this hypothesis in the two fossil species, I measured eight aspects of 60 astragali from UCMP locality 1100, the type locality of S. nevadanus.
2 Geology A place where deposits regarded as defining the characteristics of a particular geological formation or period occur.
- The deposit is also the type locality for two rare mineral species: balipholite, a barium magnesium lithium aluminum silicate hydroxide fluoride, and hsianghualite, a lithium calcium beryllium silicate fluoride.
- As mentioned, the Elko Hills strike is apparently the type locality for exogenic fulgurites in addition to being an exemplary occurrence of soil-gravel fulgurite tubes.
- The Dalradian of NE Scotland is a discrete lithotectonic unit and the type locality for Buchan-type high-T, low-P regional metamorphism.
Definición de type locality en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan