sustantivoBotany & Zoology
- The specimen, or each of a set of specimens, on which the description and name of a new species is based. See also holotype, syntype.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The above description is based upon the type specimen, USNM 371708, and numerous paratypes in USNM 371699 and 337411.
- Marginal protuberances are present in at least four specimens, including the type specimen.
- They knew I had caught an animal, and that it had to be new to science: it would become a type specimen, the specimen that is needed for the first scientific description of any new species or genus.
Más definiciones de type specimenDefinición de type specimen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.