Definición de typhlitis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Inflammation of the caecum.
- Fitz compared symptoms of 157 patients who died of ‘typhlitis’ with their autopsy findings, and in 1886, he coined the term appendicitis and urged the appendix's early removal, which was contrary to the habit of delaying surgery.
- Treatment of typhlitis with G-CSF has already been reported, and formal clinical trials are warranted.
- The reported incidence of typhlitis has depended on whether clinical signs or autopsy findings were used as criteria for diagnosis.
- Example sentences
- These would be mutually regulated and thus react beneficially on the typhlitic tendency.
- Especially is this true when it is a positive fact that all typhlitic and appendicular abscesses will open into the bowels if allowed to do so.
- Would the celebrated surgeons of half a century ago, who surely considered the opening of a typhlitic abscess as an heroic act, have admitted the possibility that a day will come when the normal parietal and visceral peritoneum could be exposed and manipulated with absolute impunity?
Definición de typhlitis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan