sustantivo(also typhoid fever) [mass noun]
- Other diagnoses included diarrhoeal disease, dengue fever, typhoid, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, brucellosis, acute myeloid leukaemia, and infectious mononucleosis.
- For example bacteria in unpasteurized milk have been known to infect those who drink it with polio, tuberculosis, typhoid, diphtheria, undulant fever, and foot and mouth disease.
- In Liberia, the major health issue is infectious diseases, including yellow fever, cholera, typhoid, polio and malaria.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Clinical manifestations of tularemia can be divided into various syndromes, including ulceroglandular (the most common), oculoglandular, oropharyngeal/gastrointestinal tract, pulmonary, and typhoidal tularemia.
- Another, rarer form of salmonella, typhoidal salmonella, is carried only by humans and is usually transmitted through direct contact with the fecal matter of an infected person.
- Tularemia can present in ulceroglandular, glandular, oculoglandular, oropharyngeal, typhoidal, or pneumonic forms.
stew from Middle English:
When stew entered the language it referred to a cauldron or large cooking pot, not to what was being cooked in it. The source was Old French estuve, probably based on Greek tuphos ‘smoke or steam’, which is also where the fevers typhus (late 18th century) and typhoid (early 19th century) come from, because they create the kind of stupor that is associated with smoke inhalation. The verb ‘to stew’ originally referred to bathing in a hot bath or steam bath. It was not long before the idea of heating people in a bath had changed to heating food in an oven, specifically cooking a dish of meat and vegetables by simmering it slowly in a closed vessel. Stifle (Late Middle English) probably comes from the same Old French root, and stove (Middle English), originally a ‘sweating room’ in a steam bath, may be related. See also seethe
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ty|phoid
Definición de typhoid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.