A New World perching bird that resembles the Old World flycatchers in behaviour, typically with brightly coloured plumage.
- Family Tyrannidae: many genera and numerous species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phoebes belong to the tyrant flycatcher family and are adapted for capturing insects on the wing.
- Contrary to the results of the DNA-DNA hybridization study, our data support the monophyly of the entire tyrant flycatcher assemblage and places the Glades Pipromorphinae and Tyranninae as sister groups.
- The two Glades Pipromorphinae and Tyranninae are also strongly supported in this analysis and appear as sister groups, thus supporting the monophyly of the tyrant flycatcher assemblage.
mid 18th century: so named because of its aggressive behaviour towards other birds approaching its nest.
Definición de tyrant flycatcher en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.