- The mammary gland of female cattle, sheep, goats, horses, and related ungulates, hanging near the hind legs as a bag-like organ with two or more teats.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A calf that spends the early hours of life licking a dirty udder and hind legs of a cow trying to find a teat is more likely to succumb to disease than a calf in a clean environment that got an early feed of quality colostrum.
- Around the bend in the path came a soft, pale, velvety nose, attached to a large, prancing, silky brown body bearing a well-filled udder between the hind legs.
- The procedure may be necessary on some farms to prevent facial injuries to nursing pigs and injuries to sow teats and/or udders; thus, this procedure could be justified on an animal welfare basis.
Old English ūder, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch uier and German Euter.
Más definiciones de udderDefinición de udder en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.