- A mineral occurring on alkali flats as rounded masses of small white crystals. It is a hydrated borate of sodium and calcium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Boron never occurs as a free element, but always as a compound in minerals such as borax (sodium borate; Na 2 B 4 O 7), colemanite (calcium borate; Ca 2 B 6 O 11), and ulexite (sodium calcium borate; NaCaB 5 O 9).
- Those who went had five stops on the trip and collected celestine, ulexite, malachite, duftite, alunite, rosasite, barite, cerussite, smithsonite, and wulfenite.
- In 1849 cottonball received the mineral name ulexite, for the German chemist Georg Ulex who first described its properties when he examined some specimens from Chile.
mid 19th century: from George L. Ulex (died 1883), German chemist, + -ite1.
Más definiciones de ulexiteDefinición de ulexite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.