- Relating to or denoting igneous rocks composed chiefly of mafic minerals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Variably serpentinized Devonian mafic and ultramafic intrusive rocks occur in the western and northern parts of the map area.
- A major source of iron, called iron laterite, is a type of residual deposit generated by the intense weathering of iron-rich rocks such as mafic and ultramafic volcanic rocks.
- The provenance of the feldspar-bearing Crocker Formation and younger sandstones indicates a granitic source character, which conflicts with the abundance of mafic and ultramafic basement rocks exposed throughout much of Sabah.
Más definiciones de ultramaficDefinición de ultramafic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.