Definición de umber en inglés:
1 [mass noun] A natural pigment resembling but darker than ochre, normally dark yellowish-brown in colour ( raw umber) or dark brown when roasted ( burnt umber).
- Dark brown umber on bright yellow is featured in one Ziss painting, and purple-inflected blue set against pale green in another.
- For the nine paintings in this exhibition, Howell mixed titanium white, ivory black and raw umber - the raw umber prevents bluing - in carefully calculated ratios to achieve what he calls ‘a movement of gray toward light and dark.’
- Natural ochres, siennas, and umbers are found in a range of colours from red, orange, yellow, and brown to virtually black.
1.1Either of the colours of umber: [as modifier]: the village is built entirely of crumbling umber limestone
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This open, umber landscape will be complemented, however, by a complex, labyrinthine village-scape.
- Poussin perpetuates the convention, which goes back as far as the Pompeian frescoes, of burnished umber men and pearly women.
- Wood grain and parquetry are abbreviated using forceful umber lines.
2A brownish moth with colouring that resembles tree bark.
- Several species in the family Geometridae
- The larva of the mottled umber moth is a reddish brown caterpillar that eats the leaves of oak trees and shrubs.
- A mottled umber moth found its way onto a Glasgow window.
- At least two other moths, the mottled umber moth (Erannis. defoliaria), and the March moth (Alsophila aescularia) have wingless females.
Definición de umber en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan