- An Eskimo open boat made of wood and skin, traditionally rowed by women.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here they would assemble with their great walrus - skin boats, or oomiaks, to make ready for their annual trading cruise to Siberia.
- Called by some the Old Bering Sea Cultures, these early inhabitants traveled by kayak and umiak skin boats in the warmer months, and by sled in the winter.
- For example, Therkel Mathiassen, who defined and named the Thule culture, identified dog sleds, umiaks, and kayaks as key Thule traits.
from Inuit umiaq.
Más definiciones de umiakDefinición de umiak en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.