Definición de umpire en inglés:
- But the point here is that such a play does not give umpires the mandate to reverse any call.
- The primary purpose of UIS, he says, is to serve as a training tool, giving umpires objective feedback.
- Hoy is often credited as the reason umpires adopted hand signals for safe, out, and strike calls, which would make for a nice little niche in baseball history.
- The second great purpose of the monarchy is to be available as an impartial umpire above party when the nation is split by a constitutional crisis.
- In the event the two arbitrators fail to agree on an umpire either party shall have the right to submit the matter to the Canadian Arbitration Association.
- Before things escalated Monday, umpires got in the middle of the scrum.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Linda Barker chose the school's head of girls games to umpire a rounders match.
- He is standing in his 12th Test match and has umpired 62 one-day internationals.
- Nigel Iggo, an international umpire from Christchurch who last month umpired both finals at four-nation tournaments in Australia, said umpires had been using the interpretation for some time.
pair from Middle English:
Pair comes from Latin paria ‘equal things’, formed from par ‘equal’. Latin par also lies behind compare (Late Middle English) ‘to pair with, bring together’; disparage (Middle English) originally ‘a mis-pairing especially in marriage’, later ‘to discredit’; nonpareil (Late Middle English) ‘not equalled’ (taken directly from the French); par (late 16th century) ‘equal’, a golfing term from L19th; parity [L16] ‘equalness’; peer (Middle English) ‘equal’; and umpire (Middle English) originally noumpere, from the same source as nonpareil, because an umpire is above all the players. A noumpere was later re-interpreted as ‘an umpire’ and the initial ‘n’ was lost.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Nations without that umpirage are in the condition of a population without government.
- The invention relates to a whistle for use in umpirage of athletic games and in security jobs including guiding and signaling to gathering people.
- There he spoke eloquently ‘of cultivating general friendship, and of bringing collisions of interest to the umpirage of reason rather than of force.’
Palabras que riman con umpirevampire • empire • occupier
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.