Definición de umpteen en inglés:
- It ought to be obvious that if Westbury is to have any traffic relief, it has to be by other than an umpteen million pound environmentally-damaging bypass.
- But I do believe in life sentences with life meaning life, not just ten years inside, with umpteen reductions for good behaviour.
- There was so much more that could have been done in the hour that wasn't, and so much fillery stuff in there as well, such as umpteen shots of the kids walking around the streets.
umpteenth ordinal número
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- After trying to answer it for the umpteenth time, I have generated a response which is entertaining and not draining.
- As long as we're on the topic of armor for the umpteenth time over the past year, let's revisit Michael Yon.
- One day when he was 10 years old, she called the intercom to his basement bedroom and requested for the umpteenth time that he come to dinner.
Early 20th century: humorous formation based on -teen.
Signals regiments in the army once used umpty to indicate the dash in Morse code (the dot was iddy). One slang dictionary states that this began in India, as a way of teaching the Morse system to Indian troops. The military term may be behind the use of umpty for an indefinite large number, recorded from the late 19th century and developing into umpteen, on the model of thirteen or fourteen, in the early 1900s.
Palabras que riman con umpteenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.