adverbio & adjetivo
- (Especially as a direction) using the soft pedal on a piano.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It seems doubtful whether this is an acoustically defensible explanation; in any case, in many pianos nowadays the una corda pedal strikes all three strings, though with a softer part of the hammer.
- Indeed, the more percussive Graf, but still the more intimate in its true una corda shades, seemed to have influenced Battersby's approach to the piece on the Steinway.
- The instrument is available with four pedals, the original disposition of the Yale piano: damping, moderator, bassoon, and una corda.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A device in a piano that shifts the mechanism slightly to one side when the soft pedal is depressed, so that the hammers do not strike all of the strings when sounding each note and the tone is therefore quieter.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Later pianos, after it became normal to have three strings for each note instead of two, sometimes had a due corde pedal as well as an una corda, allowing greater variety of tone.
- Other techniques include the una corda, similar in principle to the harpsichord's lute stop.
- In England, the only pedals generally used were the una corda and sustaining.
Italian, literally 'one string'.
Más definiciones de una cordaDefinición de una corda en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.