- 1Not working for or belonging to a particular body or organization: local people unattached to any organizationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When his contract expired on 30 June, he was not only unattached to a club, but unaffiliated to the FA and ineligible to play for the national team.
- The English soccer team is the only one unattached to a nation state.
- Men were either unattached to the labor market, unemployed, or underemployed in part-time service sector jobs.
- 2Not married or having an established partner; single: she began to wonder if he was unattachedMás ejemplos en oraciones
unmarried, single, unwed, unwedded; unengaged, unbetrothed; wifeless, husbandless, spouseless, partnerless, without a partner/husband/wife; with no ties, uncommitted, free, available, footloose and fancy free, not going out with anyone, on one's own, by oneself, unescorted, lone, on the shelf, unloved; separated, divorced, widowed• archaic sole
- As the unattached singleton with married mates there is a tendency to lament the demise of your once action-packed social life.
- Obviously, the Taj group of hotels, arranging the vacation doesn't consider unattached 20-somethings single; they still have time to be un-single on their own.
- But this one is about the bitter-sweet pangs and joys of being single and unattached!