- 1(Of a place or people) not socially, culturally, or morally advanced: they pitied us for leaving the Smoke for such uncivilized remoteness children are basically uncivilizedMás ejemplos en oraciones
uncouth, coarse, rough, boorish, vulgar, philistine, uneducated, uncultured, uncultivated, benighted, unsophisticated, unrefined, unpolished, ill-bred, ill-mannered, thuggish, loutish; barbaric, barbarian, barbarous, primitive, savage, wild, brutish, Neanderthal, in a state of nature• archaic rude
- But I think it is a necessary confrontation, a final break with the wild and uncivilized world from which Enkidu derives.
- Well, of course it couldn't be the uncivilized place that some people say it is.
- Surely, human life could not have started in those uncivilized places.
- 1.1Impolite; bad-mannered: forgive me for my apparent rudeness, it was most uncivilised of meMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Please don't be as uncivilized, thoughtless, and cruel as the monsters who committed these senseless acts.
- High, bright windows shone at us when children; told us of the happy life of music in those houses where the girls stepped daintily and smiled at us, a joke we thought uncivilised and cruel.
- This is to counter the dumb who don't think they are dumb, and are at the same time crude, uncivilised and unreasonable.