Definición de unconstitutional en inglés:
Not in accordance with the political constitution or with procedural rules: they do not countenance unconstitutional action by the police the Act would be declared unconstitutional in the courts
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The law was later ruled unconstitutional by the Florida state Supreme Court.
- It led to the US supreme court ruling that the segregation of buses was unconstitutional.
- First of all, the first declaration that you claim is that a certain High Court Rule is unconstitutional.
- Example sentences
- Watkins is wrong about the unconstitutionality of the Federalists' sedition act because he uncritically adopts Madison and Jefferson's 1798 reading of the First Amendment.
- Although five justices made up the majority that declared the death penalty to be ‘cruel and unusual’ punishment, they did not agree on the basis of their holding of unconstitutionality.
- For example, one might provide for group action, whereby associations of, say, homeless people, would be able to challenge government housing policies on grounds of unconstitutionality.
- Example sentences
- In yet another egregious political machination, however, Fujimori supporters in congress unconstitutionally thwarted this popular initiative on a dubious technicality.
- The White House claims the Congressional agency is overstepping its bounds and unconstitutionally interfering with the functioning of the executive branch.
- The second defect was that the language of the act was unconstitutionally vague, and could make illegal much more commonly employed types of second trimester abortions.
Definición de unconstitutional en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia