Not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed: his unconventional approach to life
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a result of this unconventional approach, what we end up with is a film with dozens of Peter's voices, but without a voice of its own.
- The rather unconventional approach to criminals had its pros and cons, analysts said.
- This production uses some radical techniques and tries to explore unconventional approaches.
unusual, irregular, unorthodox, unfamiliar, uncommon, uncustomary, unwonted, rare, out of the ordinary, atypical, singular, distinctive, individual, individualistic, free-spirited, alternative, different;
new, fresh, novel, newfangled, innovative, groundbreaking, experimental, pioneering, original, unprecedented, unheard of;
eccentric, idiosyncratic, maverick, quirky, odd, strange, bizarre, weird, outlandish, freakish, funny, quaint, queer, curious, abnormal, anomalous, aberrant, extraordinary, offbeat, off-centre, radical, esoteric, nonconformist, bohemian;
French outré, avant-garde;
North American left-field
informal freaky, way out, far out, oddball, wacky, cranky, kinky, screwy, off the wall, something else, madcap, zany, hippy
British informal rum
North American informal kooky, wacko, bizarro
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- After all, what exactly is the distinction between eccentricity, nonconformity, unconventionality, difference, disorder, and criminality?
- ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.
- And the man who ‘dared to take the halo off Gandhi to have a conversation with the man’ in ‘Hey Ram’ has decided to continue his march down the road of unconventionality.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the face of the National Lotto campaign, his hair remains unconventionally long and his minimal beard - recently dyed by Taylor Ferguson in Glasgow - is an attention-seeking purple.
- Plus it's too notoriously remembered for it's own good - but few people can ever give you a valid reason why, except perhaps that it was really unconventionally slow and ecologically aware compared with its peers of that era.
- But as Keynes once remarked, failing conventionally is often less harmful to a professional reputation than succeeding unconventionally.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: un|con¦ven¦tion¦al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda