- 1(Of a person) not having made a decision: the jury remained undecidedMás ejemplos en oraciones
unsure, uncertain, doubtful, dubious, unresolved, indecisive, irresolute, hesitant, tentative, wavering, vacillating, oscillating, equivocating, dithering, uncommitted, floating, shilly-shallying, wobbling, vague, hazy, unclear, ambivalent, in two minds, torn, split; in a quandary, in a dilemma, on the horns of a dilemma, in doubt
- But historically, many undecided voters make their decision during the past month or even the last few days of an election season.
- I am still undecided about the decision I am about to make.
- But I guess there are some really undecided people.
- 1.1Not settled or resolved: the match was still undecidedMás ejemplos en oraciones
unresolved, yet to be decided, uncertain, unsure, unclear, unsettled, indefinite; undetermined, indeterminate, unknown, unestablished, unascertained, pending, outstanding, in the balance, up in the air, debatable, arguable, disputable, moot, problematic, controversial, open to question, open to doubt, open, doubtful, dubious, borderline, ambiguous, vagueBritish • informal dodgy
- The Conservatives lost only one seat, with two Gosport seats still left undecided due to recounts on Monday
- There is one seat still undecided in Hawaii, which will be determined by the voters on January 4.
- Even though press attention has focussed on the undecided question of control of the internet, at the start of the process there were widely varying views on just about every aspect of the internet.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person who has not decided how they are going to vote in an election: 20 per cent of the population describe themselves as undecidedsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, my observation is that, in presidential elections, the undecideds tend to vote against major change.
- He did nothing, less than nothing, to reach out to undecideds or swing voters or anyone who wasn't already committed to the ticket.
- While the split among these so-called undecideds helped make the election as close as it was, they are not a meaningful political constituency.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I turned off the TV and looked at him for a minute, undecidedly.
- Curiously the album's downfall is not that it simply lacks originality but that it also teeters undecidedly on the boundary between epic and nondescript.
- Pressing into the corner, he sunk down into a sit before leaning against the wall, undecidedly.