Definición de underpinning en inglés:
1A solid foundation laid below ground level to support or strengthen a building.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All this will provide a solid underpinning for housing.
- The river would create a problem of slow erosion and danger to the underpinning of other buildings in the site area.
- Because of the way the original plotland homes were built, with shallow, often uneven, foundations, the only way to save the building is through extensive underpinning.
2A set of ideas, motives, or devices which justify or form the basis for something: the theoretical underpinning for free-market economics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fact that it had a theoretical underpinning was true but essentially an element.
- Checks and balances - the constitutional underpinning of the democratic idea that no one individual can be trusted with unlimited power - are there to keep such delusions under control.
- The key to that system working is showing that if you are flexible with your partners they will be flexible with you and it is just a basis underpinning of any partnership that it's a give and take thing.
Palabras que riman con underpinningbeginning, inning, thinning, twinning, winning
Definición de underpinning en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda