adjetivo & adverbio
- 1Situated, occurring, or done beneath the surface of the water: [as adjective]: there are underwater volcanoes in the region [as adverb]: the seal spent a lot of time underwaterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We clambered out of the water after some serious underwater rock climbing.
- Well, in a landscape so void of life above water, the underwater contrast is huge.
- And if you go in for underwater photography, take three times as much film as you think you need.
- 2chiefly US Relating to or denoting a loan with a balance that exceeds the current market value of the loan: [as adjective]: an epidemic of underwater mortgages [as adverb]: those who bought new pads in the mid-eighties were underwater for more than a decadeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As many as one in six homeowners are currently what's known as underwater.
- Do you know that in Nevada 70 percent of the home mortgages are underwater?
- "We know lots of mortgage loans are underwater," he says, describing the situation where the value of collateral has fallen below the principal balance of a loan.