Pronunciación: /ʌndəˈweɪt /
- 1Below a weight considered normal or desirable: he was thirty pounds underweightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She has an intense need for control and is scared of gaining weight even when extremely underweight.
- On examination, she was underweight (weight 2nd percentile, height 10th percentile).
- Whether you are underweight, normally weighted or overweight, your eating solution can become a problem.
- 2 Finance Having less investment in a particular area than is considered desirable: the company is still underweight in JapanMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is still underweight in technology stocks, which he considers expensive, and prefers traditional old economy businesses such as paper and steel.
- Although it recommended that investors switch to US shares, it still recommends that investors be underweight in US equities.
- We are overweight in economy-sensitive stocks, technology, industrials and financials, and are underweight in utilities and telecoms - stock selection is becoming ever-more critical.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Apply too little weight to: we feared the hot-air balloon had been underweightedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For such a strategy, an investor makes a forecast on an asset class or sector and overweights or underweights it accordingly.
- Others target specific stocks that are in an index, overweighting those they think are especially undervalued and underweighting those thought to be too dear.
- But in the longer term there are supportive arguments for not aggressively underweighting the sector.
Pronunciación: /ˈʌndəweɪt /[mass noun] Volver al principio
- Insufficient weight: thinness and underweight may be a physical quality that you and I shareMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We used these early data together with information collected on cohort members at the age of 50 to explore the effects of childhood obesity and underweight on adult obesity and risk factors for disease.
- Childhood undernutrition, defined as underweight or low-weight-for-age, is the leading risk factor contributing to the global burden of disease.
- They are just disqualified from the show ring because of underweight or overweight.
Más definiciones de underweightDefinición de underweight en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.