Not flattering: the reviews of the book were very unflattering an unflattering portrait
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The historical records that paint such an unflattering portrait of the town have just been released on the internet.
- My fears of an unflattering portrait with a Pinocchio nose begin to recede.
- I think there is a lot of truth in that statement even if it does paint an unflattering portrait.
unfavourable, uncomplimentary, harsh, unsympathetic, critical, attacking, hostile, disapproving, scathing, biting;
informal warts and all
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was appointed in 2002 to pull Grendon into the mainstream of the prison system, and speaks unflatteringly of what he found when he arrived.
- She had commented unflatteringly on his previous girlfriend.
- The slightest miscue was liable to be unflatteringly magnified.