- 1Not funded, in particular:Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Firstly, can you believe that is completely unfunded?
- 1.1Not receiving public funds: a new education bill remained unfundedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's an unfunded mandate: the federal government is forcing the states to spend their own money to comply with the act.
- But the economic reality is these are unfunded mandates, and education regulators and school districts will have to find the money to pay for them.
- On August 22, Connecticut filed a lawsuit against the US claiming that Bush's education law is essentially an unfunded mandate from the federal government.
- 1.2(Of a debt) repayable on demand rather than having been converted into a more or less permanent debt at fixed interest: the unfunded debtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What we are talking about is replacing an unfunded debt with funded debt.
- The present value of Social Security's unfunded liabilities is in the trillions of dollars.
- Due diligence is the order of the day to assess if such liabilities are unfunded, or under-funded.
- 1.3Denoting or relating to a pension scheme without a pension fund, the current beneficiaries being paid by a former employer from revenue or contributions by present employees.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although the airline industry's hefty $32 billion in unfunded pensions has captured headlines in recent months, the problem extends much further.
- To be sure, few European companies are as burdened by unfunded pension liabilities as some U.S. companies, particularly in old-line industries.
- All of that is trivial, compared to the yawning black hole of unfunded pension liabilities.
Más definiciones de unfundedDefinición de unfunded en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.