(Of a person or movement) awkward; clumsy: an ungainly walk
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Not so large that they were ungainly and made him clumsy, but not so small that you would be suspicious of him.
- I was ungainly and I was bored by sport, which in Australia is a sure sign that you're a bad person.
- Taylor was always playing catch up against an energetic, ungainly player who just would not lie down.
awkward, clumsy, ungraceful, graceless, inelegant, gawky, gangling, maladroit, gauche, inept, blundering, bungling, bumbling, lumbering, uncoordinated;
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How to explain why I find the clunking metaphor of the train charming in its ungainliness?
- Her miniaturized right arm, with spindly thumb and splayed fingers, seems at once grotesque, vulnerable and oddly lovely; then again, her whole slightly rumpled posture conveys a mix of ungainliness and grace.
- My point, here, is that our curricula our pedagogies might be energized by the unwieldiness, the ungainliness, of both our current and our earlier historical names, and by our necessary historical revisions of those names.