- (Especially of a place or prospect) not attractive: the house was dark and uninvitingMás ejemplos en oraciones
unappealing, untempting, undesirable, unattractive, unappetizing; bleak, cheerless, joyless, dreary, dismal, depressing, grim, comfortless, inhospitable; unpleasant, disagreeable, distasteful, objectionable, offensive, unpalatable, sickening, nauseating, foul; repellent, revolting, repugnant• informal off-putting
- The theatre, although Grand in name, lacks many of the facilities modern-day audiences have come to expect and staff are the first to admit a visit can be an uninviting prospect.
- Failure in this regard may mean that Bulgaria's delegation may find Prague in November to be a cold and uninviting place.
- We should remember why the whole sculpture in the forest thing started - through the recognition of a vast and unexplored opportunity to enhance the pleasure of a visit to what many saw previously as an uninviting plantation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ropes to climb the wall with dangled down uninvitingly.
- The astronomy room was just as Tim had pictured it: uninvitingly dark, lit by glowing models, charts and diagrams.
- After uninvitingly involving himself in our conversation, he stirred it to a different path where I had not ground.