Definición de universe en inglés:
1 (the universe) All existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.
- Among the many mysteries in the universe is the dark matter in galaxies and clusters.
- This implied that the universe was expanding and led the way to the Big Bang theory.
- Many people want to find God in the creation of the universe, in the big bang that started it all off.
2A particular sphere of activity or experience: the front parlour was the hub of her universe
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I knew that Truth was peace and joy and I knew it was effortless, but thinking this and experiencing this are universes apart.
- They spiced up our holiday and enabled us to discover their universes and their cultures, familial and national.
- Flynn remembers meeting them in a challenge game a few years back in Ballymun but aside from that they have inhabited separate universes.
3 ( Logic also universe of discourse) another term for universal set.
- This arrangement, however, has the unusual feature that, for every grammatical subject of such a universally quantified sentence, there will be a different universe of discourse.
- Also challenged is the view that conversion entails changes in the beliefs, values, identities, and the universe of discourse of individuals.
- Similarly, one can prove the consistency of predicate logic (or the pure epsilon calculus), by specializing to interpretations where the universe of discourse has a single element.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan