Definición de unseat en inglés:
1Cause (someone) to fall from a horse or bicycle: Rawhide unseated Kevin Bradley at the first fence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hannah Blumenthal, 52, a freelance pony rider, was severely injured when she was unseated from a horse on Friday morning at Belmont Park.
- Bravo, 33, was riding Maid of Sunlight, who was squeezed in tight quarters and unseated him when she fell.
- Jockey Alejandro Marcial was taken to a hospital on Sunday after his horse, Ski Away, broke down, unseating him in the first race at Arlington Park.
1.1Remove (a government or person in authority) from power.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Opposition youth movements such as Ukraine's Pora and Serbia's Otpor have been instrumental in unseating governments in their respective countries.
- But no one, not even Wahid, is suggesting that the military as an institution is behind any attempt to unseat the government.
- The AL, the main opposition party, has decided to resort to street agitation to unseat the government.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda