Definición de unsettle en inglés:
Cause to feel anxious or uneasy; disturb: the crisis has unsettled financial markets an unsettling conversation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But going more than halfway to tolerate what look like disturbing cultural practices unsettles some historians, aid experts, economists and others with experience in developing societies.
- I have also so far not spoken to the children on the phone as my husband reassures me that they are fine and a possible phone conversation may unsettle them.
- Even overhearing conversations was enough to unsettle me.
discompose, unnerve, upset, disturb, disquiet, make anxious, make uneasy, perturb, discomfit, disconcert, alarm, confuse, nonplus, bewilder, confound, perplex;
daunt, dismay, trouble, bother, agitate, fluster, ruffle, jolt, shake (up), throw, put off, take aback, unbalance, destabilize, throw off balance, put someone off their stroke, pull the rug (out) from under
- Example sentences
- A council spokesman added: ‘There are many areas of the town where the parking and traffic problem is a major source of tension and unsettlement.’
- But that unsettlement is unconscious - you naturally don't like the idea of a killer on the loose, and though it's tangential and seemingly unrelated, the concepts are stuck in the back of your mind.
- Moreover, the coining of the term ‘information society’ seems to give some intellectual order to the confusion and unsettlement caused by what appears as an unusually rapid period of change.
- Example sentences
- I would be eerily, even unsettlingly, quiet and orderly.
- La Candelaria is full of beautiful Spanish colonial houses in glorious colours with ornate iron balconies, great lavish wooden doors and rather unsettlingly life-like copper statues.
- Carol's accusations are paranoid, exaggerated and ruinously unfair; but the play's genius is that her analysis of the smug patriarchy that frustrates her is unsettlingly acute.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan