adjetivo (unstabler, unstablest)
- 1Likely to give way; not stable: the unstable cliff topsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The choice of operation depends on how large the protrusion is, how many nerves are involved and how stable or unstable the spine is.
- Calm funded the project to avoid safety worries over unstable cliff faces and walking trails.
- Unfortunately, there are not enough of the biggest bricks which means that the cross section of the tower is only one lego element wide at the top and very unstable.
- 1.1Likely to change or fail; not firmly established: an unstable governmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, you could be forgiven for thinking that the future for competitive operators looks highly uncertain and unstable.
- Throughout the 1990s, politics were extremely unstable, with frequent changes of government.
- It is a very unstable region, where changes can occur brutally.
- 1.2Prone to psychiatric problems or sudden changes of mood: he was mentally unstableMás ejemplos en oraciones
unbalanced, of unsound mind, mentally ill, deranged, demented, crazed, distracted, troubled, disturbed, unhinged, insane, mad, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare, raving mad, lunatic, out of one's mind/head, not in one's right mind, neurotic, psychotic; Latin non compos mentis; British sectionable• informal crazy, loopy, loony, mixed up, nuts, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake, bananas, cracked, crackpot, daft, dippy, screwy, bats, batty, dotty, cuckoo, bonkers, potty, mental, screwed up, not all there, off one's head, out to lunch, a bit lacking, round the bend/twist, away with the fairiesBritish • informal barmy, crackers, barking, barking mad, off one's trolley/rocker, daft as a brush, not the full shilling• dated touched
- So I didn't want to open the door to the mental hospital, but I was forced to because of her unstable state.
- The diagnosis is that of an emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder.
- The ruling affected the treatment of mentally unstable prisoners during trials.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The highly accomplished actress gets some details right, but the overarching mental unstableness she exudes is so excessive as to make one wonder whether she is playing or being unhinged.
- Her mental unstableness is too hard for her to cope with.
- Her mother and father snub her off completely overlooking her serious unstableness.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Deciding that a cold shower would be a much saner solution, he disentangled himself from his blanket and walked unstably towards the bathroom, all the while trying to remember what exactly happened that led him to this position.
- Forty-five percent were homeless or unstably domiciled, over three-fourths were living as single, and 89% were unemployed.
- Her knees shook unstably, and she headed towards the chair.