verbo (unstrings, unstringing; past and past participle unstrung)[with object]
2Remove or relax the string or strings of (a bow or musical instrument).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mark the location of the grip on the bowstring and unstring the bow.
- Because of this and other reasons, it is always a good idea to unstring any all-wood bow any time it is not required for use for more than an hour or so.
- Brock just rolled his shoulders and unstrung his bow, coiled the string and tucked between the oiled sheets of paper that usually held it, and tucked that into a pouch on his belt.
3Unnerve; upset: the small mishap unstrung her completely
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As secular identity becomes enervated, incoherent, and perplexed, as we grow tired and unstrung by self-doubt, hating them offers odd comfort.
- Movements by leaders and fighters during and after the air strikes indicated the militia was unstrung by the attack, he said.
- Terrorists act on this potential, and so unstring the entire fabric of life.
Definición de unstring en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda