- 1Free from a tangled or twisted state: fishermen untangled their netsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She reached to untangle the reins and free the horse, the bushes scratching at her arms, snagging the sleeves of her now-tattered dress.
- He twisted his hands to untangle them, then he discovered my watch and started poking at the liquid crystal display behind the glass.
- I would watch the dark, tanned bodies of fishermen, untangling their seine, getting ready for the toils of the day.
- 1.1Make (something complicated or confusing) easier to understand or deal with: he knew he’d have to untangle a financial mess and somehow restore investor confidenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
solve, find the/an answer to, answer, find a/the solution to, resolve, work out, puzzle out, fathom, understand, find the key to, find the answer to, decipher, clear up, make easier to understand, make simpler, make plainer, clarify, make more comprehensible, make more intelligible, remove the complexities from, straighten out, sort out, get to the bottom of, make head or tail of, unravel, disentangle, unfold, piece together, simplify, explain, expound, elucidate, illuminate
- He valiantly discards this safety net, daring readers to untangle the clues ahead of the police.
- They must not only unravel the problems of their own lives, they must untangle the mystery of his death.
- We should therefore take heart from what has largely been an unsensational, sensitive and informed approach not just to reporting events but to untangling the complex political and diplomatic background.