adjetivo (untimelier, untimeliest)
- 1(Of an event or act) happening or done at an unsuitable time: Dave’s untimely returnMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Through dreams and flashbacks, we see the string of events that lead to this untimely event, including the true, gruesome story of Ulysse's genesis.
- This logic also suggests that a plaintiff should be barred from her suit based upon untimely acts that did occur after the harassment became pervasive.
- Currency weakness pushed up inflation, an untimely event as it reinforced price pressures that had resulted from soaring oil prices.
- 1.1(Of a death or end) happening too soon or sooner than normal: his untimely death in military actionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Avoiding an untimely defeat can be aided by a few variables.
- The rural programme of Tata AIG was targeted to create an asset for the rural poor in the form of hedging their economic loss in the event of an untimely loss of an earning member.
- He said the death of a talented fashion designer was an untimely tragedy.
adverbio• archaic Volver al principio
- At a time that is unsuitable or premature: the moment was very untimely chosenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What Lester most yearns for, as do most of the men in my practice, indeed in my life, is the unstinting limitless nurturer, she who was untimely ripped from his arms as a little boy.
- He, however, arrived untimely on the scene, messing up her plans and landing her in an unhappy marriage which barely lasted two years, leaving her at the end with a baby boy on her hands.
- A few times, the actresses untimely paused between the lines, cutting the smooth flow of their dialogue.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His films are so light and lovely, and because of that, they are impertinent - cheeky and challenging in their very untimeliness, like Nietzsche's ‘untimely meditations’.
- As the badge of an authentic untimeliness, uncouthness marks the expectation of future rewriting, conceives itself as the object of subsequent distressings.
- The Board notified him that his appeal was untimely, and afforded him an opportunity to demonstrate good cause for his untimeliness.