- 1Not in accordance with fact or reality; false or incorrect: these suggestions are totally untrue a malicious and untrue storyMás ejemplos en oraciones
false, untruthful, fabricated, made up, invented, concocted, trumped up; erroneous, in error, wrong, incorrect, inaccurate, inexact; flawed, specious, fallacious, unsound, unfounded, misguided, distorted, out, misleading; fictitious, fabulous, mythical, mythological• humorous economical with the truth
- Since the hints and allegations presented thus far are unsupported and in fact untrue, it would be hard indeed to determine their impacts on operations.
- Well, I know for a fact that this is untrue: the old girl merely sent over an old wig and a pair of inflatable waterwings and demanded that all opera glasses were removed from the auditorium.
- A fact being irrelevant is not the same thing as a fact being untrue.
- 2Not faithful or loyal: a despotic sheik can be untrue to his vast seraglioMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I believe in music’ is her motto and she has never been untrue to it.
- The screenwriter should give the film its own coherent and persuasive narrative, with an approach that discards the issue of being true or untrue to the original.
- Hypocrisy, from the Ancient Greek word hypocrites - actor - is the condition of somebody who is untrue to their stated ideals.
- 3Incorrectly positioned or balanced; not upright or level.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our adjustable frame systems allow for untrue walls and our kits are delivered fully assembled.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It would be a breach of duty, actionable if followed by damage, to tell her untruly that her child had been burnt.
- It has been brought to our attention that this was untruly credited and that Joe actually wrote this story.
- At times, it has been made too easy for autocrats to untruly claim that democracy movements are agents of foreign forces.