- 1Not covered with varnish: unvarnished woodworkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Awareness of the smooth page clouds the difference between varnished and unvarnished oil paint, between opaque and transparent watercolour.
- Yellow and orange sponge-painted walls are accentuated by unpainted, unvarnished wooden tables.
- Instead, he's worked with traditional materials and contrasting textures - unvarnished wood, raw silk - to create a style that is clearly modern, but remains richly Alpine in spirit.
- 2(Of a statement or manner) plain and straightforward: please tell me the unvarnished truthMás ejemplos en oraciones
straightforward, plain, simple, stark, naked, bald; truthful, realistic, true to life; candid, honest, frank, outspoken, forthright, plain-spoken, direct, blunt, downright, brutal, harsh, straight from the shoulder, explicit, unequivocal, unambiguous, unexaggerated, unadorned, undisguised, unveiled, unqualified
- They want plain, unvarnished statements from the government, not the latest output from the Merrion Street spin machine.
- Half truth that is branded with a recognized name and laminated to cover the cracks is rated more highly than unvarnished fact.
- If I am communicating to my readers exactly what the White House believes on any certain issue, that's reporting to them an unvarnished, unfiltered version of what they believe.