- (In music) an unaccented beat preceding an accented beat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The song has three stanzas of six lines, carrying four stresses downbeats separated by upbeats.
- But havoc and harmony learn to coexist, most harmoniously on ‘Circle Square Triangle’, whose guitars punch thick upbeats despite an ungainly note count.
- There are a lot of upbeats, up in the air, which is great for dancing but really hard for an orchestra.
adjetivo• informal Volver al principio
- Cheerful; optimistic: he was upbeat about the company’s futureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His speeches are upbeat and optimistic because this is the style of Michael Gove, a key Cameron adviser.
- Hartley has every right to be upbeat and optimistic about his life at the present time.
- Everett had used it a lot when he spoke and it sounded so optimistic and upbeat coming from him.