Definición de upper house en inglés:
1The higher house in a bicameral parliament or similar legislature: they have veto powers through their seats in the Bundesrat, the upper house of parliament
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The introduction of self-government from the 1850s created bicameral parliaments, with elected lower houses but nominated upper houses in two colonies.
- Some 200 strikers demonstrated outside the Senate upper house of parliament.
- He had to be appointed to the Indian upper house of parliament or Rajya Sabha.
1.1 (the Upper House) (In the UK) the House of Lords.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Not surprisingly, with the government deeply unpopular and an Upper House election coming this summer, he probably won't be around to clear up the mess he helped create and has now so graphically described.
- We already have a Conservative proposal for an Upper House in which eighty per cent of the members are elected.
- But she does a good job in describing the jobs an Upper House might do, and the membership it might need to do them.
Definición de upper house en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda