- 1Increase the value of (a payment or benefit): income support will be upratedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Child benefit was uprated in line with inflation too.
- By tax year 2008 / 2009, it estimates the Treasury could save itself £1.2bn by not uprating elements of the credits.
- It appears, then, that the government has uprated pensions only where it has been forced to do so.
- 2Improve the performance of; upgrade: the gas plants are to be expanded and upratedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Safety measures include improved passenger restraint systems with eight airbags, uprated road holding and braking, including a speedier operating electronic stability control and special under steer control.
- Rarely does an uprated engine or performance-tuned suspension figure in this sort of equation, but a combination of clever marketing and price adjustments keeps these impostors ever-popular.
- Detailed changes to the front and rear suspension have given the car greater poise through corners, while uprated brakes achieve a 13% improvement in stopping distances.