- The sixth and last pair of abdominal appendages of lobsters and related crustaceans, forming part of the tail fan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By examining collected animals after the mission was over Dr. Caldwell discovered other species of deep water stomatopods that have different patterns of polarization on their uropods and tail.
- In contrast, arthropods such as the lobster possess distinct maxillipeds, pereopods, pleopods, and uropods.
- Only a few parts of the carapace produce the polarization, mainly the antennal scales, maxillipeds, and uropod scales.
late 19th century: from uro-2 'tail' + Greek pous, pod- 'foot'.
Más definiciones de uropodDefinición de uropod en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.