The rump of a bird, supporting the tail feathers.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The extent of white also on the uropygium varies much in individual examples, sometimes spreading down to the thighs.
- The nape, shoulder, and upper surface of wings are also thickly strewn with white feathers; back and uropygium have likewise many white patches, but getting fewer towards the latter portion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They use their bills to coat their feathers with oil from the uropygial gland.
- Ovenbirds give off a unique musty odor that is thought to come from the oil in the uropygial gland.
- The purpose of the current study was to test the importance of preen oil in Rock Doves by removing the uropygial gland and quantifying plumage condition over a period of several months.
Late 18th century: via medieval Latin from Greek ouropugion.
Definición de uropygium en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda