1A small cell, sac, or bladder-like protuberance in an animal or plant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sauer consequently provided the name Amaranthus rudis for plants with a circumscissily dehiscent utricle and single, well developed sepal.
- Dehiscent fruits separate along the zone of dehiscence, the utricle cap (with the stigmas) falling free with the seed, the basal portion remaining on the inflorescence with attendant bracts and sepals.
- The analysis separates materials primarily based on bract to utricle length ratios and bract length followed by sepal number and utricle dehiscence.
1.1 (also utriculus /juːˈtrɪkjʊləs/) The larger of the two fluid-filled cavities forming part of the labyrinth of the inner ear (the other being the sacculus). It contains hair cells and otoliths which send signals to the brain concerning the orientation of the head.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The neuromasts in the sacculus are apparently oriented oppositely from those in the utriculus.
- The receptor organ of posture and equilibrium is a composite one located in the semicircular canals, the utricle, and the saccule of the inner ear.
- The utricle can thus send signals to the brain representing a combination of fore - aft and lateral motion of the head, whereas the saccule principally conveys information about vertical motion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Electrophysiological properties of the utricular primary transducer are modified during development under hypergravity.
- Thus, this project will help us to understand the early and long term effects of altered gravity on the function of its primary receptors, the utricular hair cells.
- The utricular and saccular maculae have similar structures.
Mid 18th century: from French utricule or Latin utriculus, diminutive of uter 'leather bag'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ut¦ricle
Definición de utricle en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda