sustantivo (plural uvulae /-liː/ or uvulas)Anatomy
- 1 (also palatine uvula) A fleshy extension at the back of the soft palate which hangs above the throat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The patient's tongue, soft palate, and uvula were burned.
- The surgery, in which the uvula and soft palate are resectioned, requires a two-day hospital stay and two weeks of recovery time.
- In some people, the tongue and the uvula at the back of the throat block airflow to the lungs during sleep.
- 1.1A fleshy hanging structure in an organ of the body, particularly one at the opening of the bladder.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The uvula of the bladder may be considered as forming the anterior boundary of the trigone.
late Middle English: from late Latin, diminutive of Latin uva 'grape'.
Más definiciones de uvulaDefinición de uvula en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.