Definición de vaccine en inglés:
- Immunisation with the influenza vaccine is recommended for asthmatic people.
- They have proved that a vaccine which immunises against the disease is more likely to work in humans.
- These children show few adverse reactions to routine vaccinations, including live vaccines.
- A vaccine should consume fewer network resources than the virus against which it provides immunity.
- I have been working on the computer vaccine for five years.
- Do you have problem with your computer vaccine when it's service period is over?
Late 18th century: from Latin vaccinus, from vacca 'cow' (because of the early use of the cowpox virus against smallpox).
The English physician Edward Jenner ( 1749–1823) knew the folk tradition that milkmaids did not catch smallpox, and speculated that this might be because they had come into contact with the virus causing cowpox, a disease whose effect on humans resembles mild smallpox. In 1796 he deliberately infected an eight-year-old boy, James Phipps, with small amounts of cowpox, and when the medical world rejected the successful result he repeated the experiment on several other children, including his own baby son. In 1798, writing in Latin, Jenner referred to cowpox as variolae vaccinae, from vaccus ‘cow’, and the beginning of the 19th century saw the words vaccine, vaccinate, vaccination, and the beginning of the end of a deadly and disfiguring disease.
Palabras que riman con vaccineevergreen • wolverine
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.