- 1An antigenic substance prepared from the causative agent of a disease or a synthetic substitute, used to provide immunity against one or several diseases: there is no vaccine against HIV infectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Immunisation with the influenza vaccine is recommended for asthmatic people.
- They have proved that a vaccine which immunises against the disease is more likely to work in humans.
- These children show few adverse reactions to routine vaccinations, including live vaccines.
- 1.1 Computing A program designed to detect computer viruses and inactivate them.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A vaccine should consume fewer network resources than the virus against which it provides immunity.
- I have been working on the computer vaccine for five years.
- Do you have problem with your computer vaccine when it's service period is over?
late 18th century: from Latin vaccinus, from vacca 'cow' (because of the early use of the cowpox virus against smallpox).
Más definiciones de vaccineDefinición de vaccine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.