Definición de vagotomy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural vagotomies)[mass noun]
A surgical operation in which one or more branches of the vagus nerve are cut, typically to reduce the rate of gastric secretion (e.g. in treating peptic ulcers): some of these patients had had vagotomy in the past [count noun]: a vagotomy was completed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Truncal vagotomy to reduce gastric acid production is the preferred surgical management approach.
- All gastric operations involving vagotomy included the breach of the pylorus, usually by pyloroplasty.
- The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy, resection of the gastric mass, pyloroplasty, truncal vagotomy, and cyst duodenostomy.
vagotomized (also vagotomised) adjetivo
- Example sentences
- He has similarly reported on 25 vagotomized patients suffering from duodenal ulcers.
- Previous studies demonstrating a significant endogenous 5 - HT drive to the HMN were performed in anesthetized or decerebrate vagotomized animals.
- All of the contractile and relaxant responses evoked by these stimuli were absent in vagotomized animals.
Definición de vagotomy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan