- 1Of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning: many patients suffer vague symptomsMás ejemplos en oraciones
indistinct, indefinite, indeterminate, unclear; hazy, cloudy, fuzzy, misty, lacking definition, blurred, blurry, out of focus, murky, foggy, faint, shadowy, dim, obscure, nebulous, shapeless, formless, unformed, amorphous• rare nebuloseuncertain, undecided, yet to be decided, unsure, unclear, unsettled, indefinite, indeterminate, unknown, unestablished, unconfirmed, unresolved, unascertained, pending, outstanding, in the balance, up in the air, speculative
- There is certainly a need for change, but these plans at present are vague, confusing and uncertain.
- The news is uncertain, the details clouded and vague, and the truth behind the fact is elusive.
- Even so the allegations were so vague they would have been impossible to defend.
- 1.1Thinking or communicating in an unfocused or imprecise way: he had been very vague about his activitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
imprecise, inexact, rough, approximate, inexplicit, non-specific, loose, ill-defined, generalized, ambiguous, equivocal, hazy, woolly; sketchy, incomplete, inadequate, imperfect; superficial, cursory, perfunctoryuncertain, unsure, undecided; puzzled, baffled, mystified, bemused, bewildered, confused, nonplussed; indecisive, irresolute, hesitant, tentative, wavering, vacillating• informal iffy
- The party has been vague and woolly with regard to the treaty settlement process up until now.
- Someone might reply that my explanation is vague and approximate.
- The problem is that talk of the interests of justice is very vague and very general.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
impreciseness, inexactness, lack of precision, ambiguity, woolliness, looseness, unclearness, obscurity, indistinctness, generality, indefiniteness, indeterminateness, haziness, cloudiness, fuzziness, mistiness, lack of definitionfuzziness, blurriness, indeterminateness, indefiniteness, lack of focus, lack of definition, obscurity, haziness, cloudiness, mistiness, murkiness, fogginess, faintness, shadowiness, dimness, nebulosity, nebulousness, shapelessness, formlessness, amorphousnessdisorganization, dreaminess, inattention, abstraction, wool-gathering, empty-headedness, giddiness, confusion, befuddlement
- But the book, which is based on various lectures, is undermined by a maddening vagueness.
- The report is also critical of road safety education because of its lack of prominence, vagueness and poor training for teachers.
- The vagueness of privacy as a legal term is striking when it is contrasted with a clearer, more established term such as private property.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's not without its flaws, but being vaguish isn't one of them.
- I have this vaguish recollection of a friend asking me this question once about 10 years ago.
- Is it just too vaguish or long winded for such efforts to be considered worthwhile on your part?
mid 16th century: from French, or from Latin vagus 'wandering, uncertain'.