Definición de valley en inglés:
sustantivo (plural valleys)
1A low area of land between hills or mountains, typically with a river or stream flowing through it: [in place names]: the Thames Valley [as modifier]: the valley floor
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has such beautiful farmland, mountains, valleys, and rivers that one-fifth of the country is designated as national parkland.
- Mountains, valleys, and rivers provide memorable scenery for tourists.
- The steep hills and valleys also offer superb rivers for white-water rafting.
2 Architecture An internal angle formed by the intersecting planes of a roof, or by the slope of a roof and a wall.
- Check flashings at valleys, chimneys, dormers, vent pipes, and other roofing protrusions.
- Roof outlets, valleys, gutters and overflows need to be inspected and cleaned twice each year, once in the autumn and once in the spring.
- One of the valleys in the church roof needs repairs immediately.