sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A bacterial antibiotic used against resistant strains of streptococcus and staphylococcus.
- This antibiotic is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces orientalis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other antibiotics like penicillin and vancomycin slow the bacteria's ability to manufacture cell walls.
- MRSA infections were treated with vancomycin and one to two other antibiotics based on bacterial susceptibility.
- Patients who become infected with MRSA are usually treated using expensive antibiotics such as vancomycin.
1950s: from vanco- (of unknown origin) + -mycin.
Más definiciones de vancomycinDefinición de vancomycin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.