- 1A person who deliberately destroys or damages property belonging to others: the rear window of the car was smashed by vandalsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Council chiefs have slammed vandals who deliberately damaged a historic priory.
- Generous people have raised money to replace church windows that were destroyed by vandals.
- A mother has hit out at vandals who damaged a memorial to her teenage daughter.
- 2 (Vandal) A member of a Germanic people that ravaged Gaul, Spain, Rome (455), and North Africa in the 4th-5th centuries.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At Carthage, the pirate kingdom of the Vandals outlived imperial Rome by several decades.
- Worse, the Vandals had entered into North Africa, cutting Rome off from its supply of grain.
- The Vandals occupied North Africa, successfully assimilating late Roman art.
from Latin Vandalus, of Germanic origin. sense 1 dates from the mid 17th century.