- Advanced technology means the giant vanes of the turbines swivel to search for wind but cut out in stormy conditions.
- The wind or air rising through the turbine turns the vanes in the turbine and gets the air moving near the top of the house, drawing moisture out.
- Early views of Sydney were dominated by the sails of the ships which had propelled the newcomers across the oceans and by the vanes of the windmills which provided the settlement with its first forms of industrial power.
- He also tested and fitted lightning conductors, vanes and weather cocks on the tallest of buildings.
- Unlike the compass, the vane was clearly a scientific instrument, though the sort that comes in the Home Weather Kit you might give your dad shortly after his retirement.
- Shafts and vanes are present in the feathers, but no direct evidence of the shafts remains.
- The vane on one side of the feather's spine was wider than the one on the other.
- The facial disk, which lies over the ruff, is composed of feathers with open vanes.
- For fletching there are two options: either plastic vanes or real feathers.
- Feathers and vanes work about equally well with less-powerful target crossbows.
- This rigid plastic curled vane can be taped or glued to the arrow shaft using a normal fletching jig.
- [usually in combination]: a three-vaned windmillMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the vaned impeller, the fluid undergoes an abrupt acceleration and change of direction as it enters the rotor.
- The obtained results demonstrate that the centrifugal pump with the optimized vaned diffuser has compact size compared with the original one while the performance requirements have been met.
- Other feather types similar in some respects to down and vaned feathers while unique in others include filoplumes, bristles, and semiplumes.
Late Middle English: dialect variant of obsolete fane 'banner', of Germanic origin.
This word for a ‘broad blade (driven by the wind)’ is a dialect variant of obsolete fane ‘banner’, of Germanic origin.
Palabras que riman con vaneabstain, appertain, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, brain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, gain, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, inane, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, main, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: vane
Definición de vane en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.